Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Authors Whose Books I Should Probably Read

Trawling through blogland, I keep coming across the same authors names over and over, authors whom I regret to say, I’ve never experienced their work before. Whilst I’ve read several books by Emma Holly, I’m ashamed to say, I’ve never read a single Suzanne Brockmann book. Why? Mostly because of the hype. I live in fear of picking up an over-hyped book and hating it with a passion. Mind you, check out the RUBBISH website, you’d think such an esteemed author would have the good sense to make sure her website was fabulous. Sheesh! Some people have no clue.

Jenny Crusie is another author whose books I haven’t read. Her website is a definite improvement on Brockmann’s, I might just try her books first. I hear ‘Bet Me’, is a fab book?

Here’s a list of other romance writer’s whose work I’ve never experienced.


  • Ann Stuart

  • Sherrilyn Kenyon

  • Catherine Coulter

  • Elizabeth Lowell

  • Mary Jo Putney

  • Stella Cameron


  • I can imagine the number of horrified faces out there who probably think I’m some kind of heathen for never having read any of the above authors, oh well, I can rectify that, if any of you would be so kind as to point me in the right direction…

    So, which books from the above list of authors, or indeed any other trendy author you can think of, would you recommend I read? Bare in mind, that I hate stupid heroines and assholic (loving that word, it’s so mine) heroes. Oh yeah, no stupid secret baby plots either, no sirree!!