Friday, July 08, 2005

BDSM, BDSM, And More Bloody BDSM!!! Blech!!

Why, oh why, are there so many BDSM books being released from erotic romance publishers at the moment? (Yep EC, that means you too...)

Everybody I speak to tell me the same thing, they don’t really do BDSM, unless it’s very, very, light! Yet it seems that every other book that is released just lately, seems to be a frickin BDSM story! Blech!

I used to be able to read light BDSM, but because of the number of BDSM books that are constantly being churned out, I’ve completely lost my appetite for any of it.

Having come across the Just Slave girly who does nothing but live for her master, my tolerance for anything BDSM has gone down to zero!

No, I’m not interested in hearing the differences between Dom/subs and Slave/Master. The small minded person that I can be, will continue to lump these alternative lifestyles in the same boat as BDSM.

I’m almost tempted to boycott Elloras Cave due to the amount of f*cking Bondage, Dominant/Submissive books. (Yeah, yeah, I wouldn’t make much of an impact I know.)

I can read just about anything, but I’m getting to the point where I hate, yes hate, Bondage, and Dom/Sub books. Am I missing something? Do women actually like heavy BDSM? Am I alone in my growing dislike of this genre?


Speak to me people, tell me what your thoughts are on BDSM, and whether you too have noticed the new wave of authors who seem to write nothing but BDSM, and if so, are you happy with this status quo?