Monday, July 25, 2005

Sunday Night At The Movies...


War of The Worlds Posted by Picasa

Paul and I went to the pictures to see WOTW last night. It was a really fab film, and I have to say, it totally blew me away, even though I was fully expecting it not to live up to the hype.

The only problem was that I spent most of the film on the edge of my seat frightened out of my skull. Damn it was scary, I can’t believe it’s only been certified a 12a. If I had a twelve year old, I wouldn’t let him/her watch this film, that’s for sure. They’d be bed-wetting for a year.

Tom Cruise was brilliant as usual, and Tim Robbins was scary as the batshit crazy guy whose family had been killed by the ‘visitors’, but I’ve gotta say, Dakota Fanning totally made the film for me.

That little girl sure can act her socks off! Let’s hope she doesn’t do a Mary-Kate Olsen, and Macaulay Culkin when she gets older. Wouldn’t it be great, if she stayed alcohol and drug-free?