Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Should Parents Who Choose To Have An Abnormal Number Of Kids Be Allowed To Claim Money From The State?

There was a news item on the radio last week about a couple who had fifteen children, and were claiming over £4000 ($6,800) worth of benefits each month from the state. WTF?

I so don't have a problem with parents claiming benefits for themselves and their children, but I’m sorry, in my opinion, if you choose to breed a ridiculous number of kids, why the fuck should I, as a taxpayer foot the bill? Especially when neither of the parents work.

Unfortunately, I can’t link to the actual story, but as far as I could gather, the mother had been pregnant every year since 1990. Apparently, she loves children, and just wanted as many as possible. You don’t say.

I also don’t have a problem with people choosing to have lots of children, but if you can’t afford them, then why have so many? That’s just irresponsible, and hugely selfish.

If it was up to me. I’d stop anybody with over six children from claiming benefits. Either that, or I'd make them get their reproduction bits seen to.

This includes couples who have multiple births, because if they manage to have three sets of twins, then getting pregnant again, should be at their own expense.

If you want fifteen children, by all means have them, just don’t expect me to pay for them. Sheesh.