Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Why Are A Lot Of Black Men So F*cking Homophobic?




You know, sometimes I just don’t get other black people.

I was talking to the husband of a friend the other day, when the subject of gay men came up. According to my friend’s hubbie, being gay is totally wrong, and “they should all be shot”.

I looked at him incredulously to check to see if that statement was his idea of a joke, but alas, it wasn’t. He totally meant it. Wanker.

I obviously wanted to know why he felt like that, but to be honest, he couldn’t give me any answers that made sense. I think he trawled out the usual “It’s supposed to be Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve” bullshit. Can’t these twats ever think of something new and original?

I did ask him if he genuinely thought that somebody's sexual orientation was a good enough excuse to beat them up, or even kill them. He of course back-pedddled like a mother-f*cker, and acknowledged that people shouldn't be killed just because they happen to be gay. Gee... ya think?

I’ve never understood why a race of men people, who have been marginalised throughout history because of their colour, can justify such homophobic attitudes.

If that wasn’t bad enough, today I read that
Brokeback Mountain has been banned in the Bahamas because of it’s gay theme.

What. The. Fuck?

How the hell does that happen in this day and age? More to the point, which fuck-wit let it happen?

No wonder so many black, gay men today, refuse to come out of the closet. With attitudes like that pervading our very existence, is it any wonder some black men prefer to kill themselves or endeavour to live dual lives, rather than face people knowing their ‘shameful’ secret.