Friday, June 02, 2006

Traditional Romance Vs Erotic Romance...

Whilst I was linking up to that old Elizabeth Bevarly post, I decided to actually go and look at the last non-spam comment on her column. This was from an anonymous author, and took me slightly aback:



When she says that she doesn’t attract the same readership as an erotic romance author, it seems to me that she’s saying that people who read traditional romance don’t read anything else. Is that your interpretation?

Does she have a point? How true is her statement? Would readers who only read traditional romance be put off by the presence of an erotic romance author at a booksigning?

Now these are serious questions, so if you feel the need to post anonymously, go forth and do so, because I’m looking for frank and honest answers.