Saturday, September 02, 2006

Who The F*ck Thinks Of These Flaming Titles? Can You Do Better?

I surfed over to the Mills and Boon website earlier, (must have been all this talk about series romances) to have a look at some of the offerings.

Well, fuck-all has changed since the last time I was there. The titles are still ridiculous. This must be like a cult thing. Is it part of the contract that authors have to think up these rubbish titles? Anyway, check some of 'em out, and for those who don't read Harlequin Presents, I think you guys will still catch on pretty quickly.



The Sultan's Virgin Bride


The Spaniard's Pregnancy Proposal


The Rich Man's Royal Mistress


Purchased By The Billionaire


At The Sheikh's Command

The Sultan's Virgin Bride? The Sultan's fucking Virgin Bride? Who the */£$%^&&*""! ever thought that was a good title? Who? Effing Nora. (Erm...that's a Brit saying, I'm not really cussing out the Nora or anything.)

Anyway, just for shits and giggles, can anybody come up with potential future Harlequin Presents book titles? The person who comes up with the best title, wins my beloved copy of
Thea Devine’s, Sensation.

I know, I know, it's the worst fucking book evah my generosity knows no bounds. It truly pains me to have to part with this utter drivel literary masterpiece.

Anyway, go have at it, and I'll be back on Monday to announce the winners, have a good weekend y'all!