Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Pow, Pow, Take That Bitch!

Well Jane is spitting feathers over at Dear Author, and to be fair, I don’t blame her. I just experienced something very similar myself when I picked up a Kensington Aphrodisia book called Secrets and Sins, by that simply wonderful writer, P.F Kozak. (I absolutely refuse to provide a link, Google search it, if you must.)

Now I don’t mind menage’s, group sex, or even wolfie sex (well, as long as the wolfie isn’t in actual animal form, cuz ya know that’s well.. ya know, not my cuppa), but surely it can only be considered romantic, if the hero and heroine are both present, or at least aware that it’s going on?

Some bird from Aphrodisia told us ages ago, that the books are erotic romance, rather than straight erotica, which I of course have no problem with, but how can you call a book a romance where the virgin heroine is being felt up, fingered, sucked, etc etc, by somebody other than the hero, without the hero’s knowledge. Surely that’s called cheating? Surely that’s called straight effing erotica?

I don’t mind reading erotica, but like Jane says, why fucking lie and call it one thing, when it’s so obviously something else, and not a very good something else at that.

This is the second book of P.F. Kozak’s that I’ve read, and I’ve decided that enough is enough. Luckily, it wasn’t my money I spent on it. The Borders vouchers that the Tall Guy gave me for Christmas came in very handy. Although, safe to say, I will be returning said book tomorrow.

Something else that managed to ruin my day, was learning that a father actually
slit his three year old daughter’s throat as a revenge against the mother. What a fucking guy.

May he burn in hell.

Now go and watch Jane going
batshit crazy over Cameron Dean’s Candace Steele trilogy, it’s truly a sight to behold. (g)