Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Racism In Romance Survey... The Results

For the next couple of weeks, I’m going to post the results of the Racism In Romance survey. Don’t worry, I will be posting other stuff too, but I will be concentrating the majority of my efforts on publishing all the responses from the AA authors who participated.

Some of the responses are very frank, but they aren’t in anyway or form, meant to make the white readers here feel uncomfortable. If for whatever reason, you do find yourself fidgeting in your seat, in discomfort, then leave a comment, explaining why.

As you guys know, I never switch off the Anonymous Post option. In other words, you really don’t have to leave your name, but remember that arguments usually have more weight, if the commenter is brave enough to post under his/her own ID.

I’m not sure how much interest these survey results will generate. Racism is always a hot issue, and has the potential to go off on various tangents, but I do hope that you guys take the time to read these responses, because some of them are truly revelatory.

After all of the authors have had their say, I’ll write a summary of all the responses, with my take on the issues that are raised.

Finally, I must thank all the authors who took the time out to participate in this survey. Out of the original seventeen who agreed to take part, after some ‘gentle persuasion’, eleven of the authors actually completed the survey for me, so thanks loads for that.

First author up,
Lynn Emery.

Labels: