Sunday, December 30, 2007

Everybody Has A Right... To Plastic Surgery?



I like Ken Levine, and I usually find him quite amusing, but I have noticed that he has a penchant for ragging on female Hollywood celebs much more so than the men. I guess it's an age thing, but I honestly find him terribly sexist.

His post about Nicole Kidman's movie choices, and her alleged plastic surgery annoyed me so much that I had to comment. Three times.

It also annoyed me that he had two photographs of Kidman, one from years ago, and a more recent one, obviously to point out the changes made to her face.

It seems to me that in Hollywood, you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Everybody knows that the work dries up for women over forty in La La Land, much more so than for their male counterparts, so you can hardly blame them for trying to keep up with the younger, fresher starlets, in a town where a woman is only as good as her last botox injection.

I can probably excuse Ken for his sexism, after all he's nearly a hundred years old from a different generation (57 is a different generation to mine dear), and he's a bit of a shock-jock, but when I read this comment from some dumbass, I just about burst a blood vessel:



You know what I say to that? Screw you bitch for perpetuating the belief that any attempts at self-improvement by women is a heinous crime.

In a world where youth is revered, and old age becomes an excuse to not employ somebody, there's no such thing as growing old gracefully, (unless you're lucky enough to be born with great genes). All there is is growing old, and either accepting that age comes to everybody, or fighting it tooth and nail.

She wasn't the only annoying commenter however:



Sheesh. I of course had to respond to the genius who wrote that, even if it was three weeks later.

I'm not a huge fan of plastic surgery, but I think it's wrong to constantly slag off the women in Hollywood who do have them, when so many Hollywood men are also going under the knife, with very little being said. And no, Michael Jackson doesn't count.

Totally off-topic, but why is it that men can't go shopping without having to pee a hundred times, and making you (read: me) wait for 15 minutes each time they have to relieve themselves? Sheesh.

Labels: , ,