Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Queen Camilla, to Be Or Not To Be?

As most of you know, Prince Charles Married Camilla on Saturday, what I want to know is, did anybody else find themselves being moved by the ceremony (the five minutes of it, I was able to watch in between inadvertently killing a frog with the lawnmower)? Now I’ve always thought Charlie boy was a bit of a toad, and Camilla, his horse errant, but I actually stopped and thought about it, without the whole emotional Princess Diana, woman done wrong thing, etc. etc. etc.

Can we really help who we fall in love with? Charles should have married Camilla the first time round, this would have definitely saved a lot of people. a lot of grief, had he done so, but surely what’s done is done? Do we not have to move on now? Here in Britain most people are up in arms about the whole nasty affair, but the facts are, this relationship was meant to be, these two people love each other, and they have proven it time and time again. I can’t believe they started their affair 5 years before I was even a tadpole!

I realise that his position as queen, erm sorry, prince, means that he has to be whiter than white, but come on, nobody’s that perfect, and lets face it, there’s a reason why D.I.V.O.R.C.E is on the up and up, and it’s not all due to the fact that women can now vote! So I say this: It’s time to forgive and forget, and leave these two people alone to get on with their personal lives, afterall, they may just discover that married life isn’t as exciting as an illicit affair.