Monday, July 11, 2005

To Each His Own, But Not When It Involves Children

Dakota has a great rant on a real life BDSM master’s predilection for young girls… Yep I said young girls. I’m not going to actually post a link to this person’s site, because I certainly do not want to generate more traffic for him, and his sick habits.

Having gone onto this person's site (yeah, I’m nosy) and read some of his journal entries, I have to say, I felt physically sick. Here is one of his less offensive entries in it’s entirety:

“Well as of lately I have been trying to talk on a more personal basis to the owners of the various blogs I link to. Well last night was no exception when I started talking to the owner of rotten broccoli (who says he will blog mor about sm in the comming days but he ultimately blogs about what he wants).



We started talking about why he started his blog when he asked me "you know about the Paraphilia field? ". Well I didn't. Hadn't the slightest clue. So I went and did a bit of research on the topic.

It seems paraphilia is a mental health term used (as of 1925) to indicate sexual arousal in response to sexual objects or situations which may interfere with the capacity for reciprocal affectionate sexual activity.

The above defintion was a bit hard to follow so the following definition is taken from health.discovery.com:

A paraphilia is a condition in which a person's sexual arousal and gratification depend on fantasizing about and engaging in sexual behavior that is atypical and extreme. A paraphilia can revolve around a particular object (e.g., children, animals, underwear) or around a particular act (e.g.,inflicting pain, exposing oneself).

It seems in recent times the definition has a bit more broad of a meaning though. It seems now that in psychology and sexology it is a term used to cover a wide variety of non-typical sexual interests.

From what I am gathering the word is used to explain people whose sexual interests vary greatly and have no relation to one another. The most common ones seem to be pedophilia, sadism (not masocism), fetishes (scat, pee, transvestite, etc.), and voyerism.

There are others however. It seems that biastophilia: sexual pleasure from committing rape, lust murder: sexual arousal through committing murder, necrophilia: sexual attraction to corpses, necrozoophilia: sexual attraction to the corpses or killings of animals, or necrobestiality are signs often found in serial killers.

There is a really nice list available of the different fetishes that fall into paraphilia at
www.wikipedia.org

My problem with this, is as usual everything is labeled as a disease. I don't believe that such a thing as a sexual disease exists. Well this is not actually true there are a few sexual diseases, but few and far between.

The point is, just because society see's something as being drastically different, doesn't make it a disease. Ultimately we can pick anything to death until we have a reason. Chances say every sexual kink that exists could be blamed on a disease.

In the western civilization we have deemed pedophilia a disease, other cultures consider it a normal sexual desire as a man. Our culture says bestiality is immoral and cruel, other cultures consider it sacred and beautiful.

Western society is quick to blame anything they don't agree with as a disease. Murders could have a cromizonal disorder, did you know that resent studies say murderers actually have a disease? Ha! This disease is as old as man because there is not a single trace of ever not having murderers in mans world.

Blaming everything on disease is silly in my opinion. We cannot fix the world, we can only work within the flow of its existance.

So here we are with this disease that covers basically, anything sexual and considered "not of the norm". I think much of the bdsm world fits into it. I think a great deal of us, myself included, have stories involving a great many of the different philia's covered by the topic. So you know what I say? Screw it, I am what I am.”

So does anybody else get the feeling that he doesn’t see some of these activities including paedophilia, as a problem? As an example of a real life BDSM Master, he certainly makes it easier for me to stop reading such books altogether.


BTW, he also has a thing for incest stories, plus he's got two children of his own.

Dakota has a point, maybe he should be investigated...