Monday, April 09, 2007

Books, Babies, Houses, And More Babies...




Apologies for the lack of post. It's been a busy old Easter for TTG and I.

We found our house. It's an absolutely fabulous, Five-bed house, with a huge backyard, and the double garage that The Boy wanted. We put an offer in, so fingers crossed that it's accepted.

Went to see my nephew this weekend. He is just so damn adorable. I could just eat him up.

Two of my friends also gave birth this week. One girl and one boy. They are both absolutely adorable.

We had a visit from a school friend I hadn't seen in seven years. She had both her babies with her, except they weren't actually babies anymore. They were nine, and seven. Sigh. Where does the time go eh?

Anyway, talking about babies, I finally read Nora's Born In Death last night. Fabulous as usual. I do love, love, love Eve and Roarke's acerbic banter with each other. How cheesetastic was the ending when they were all in the hospital? Who needs Hallmark eh?

I also managed to read Anchor and Storm (see below) and actually, I enjoyed it. It wasn't perfect by any means, but it was fairly easy for me to overlook the imperfections and concentrate on the actual story.

I also finally got round to starting Elizabeth Kostova's The Historian. I gave in after chapter two. It might have just been me, but I was bored to tears after just a few pages, I knew I wasn't going to manage the full 704 pages anytime soon. I'll possibly keep it for the next time I have to visit my doctor, I'm pretty sure I'm due for a smear test soon.

I finally read Dorothy Koomson’s, My Best Friend’s Girl. Shit, but that book made me cry. Very sad, but uplifting at the same time.

Whilst TTG and I were away, I also managed to read a Nicholas Sparks book, that's been on my TBR forever and a day. The Guardian was a good way to pass a couple of hours, but it didn't blow me away. The only writer who can head-hop worth a damn is La Nora, but even then it can get a little tiresome, (sorry Nora) thus I found myself getting a little pissed off by the time the time the heroine started figuring out that one of the men in her life was a nutjob. Sigh.

I'm off to bed now because I don't feel all that great, but I'll be taking Annie Solomon's Blind Curve with me. I've always had an affection for physically impaired heroes and heroines, ever since I read that Sweet Valley High book, where that deaf girl goes out with that wanker high school jock, and reforms him. Regina whatshername, and Bruce Patman. Ahhh memories...

Anyway, in Blind Curve, the hero, who happens to be a cop, goes blind. That's all I needed to know.

So, what are you guys reading?

Labels: ,