Friday, May 18, 2007

Sarah McCarty Bids Goodbye To Elloras Cave, And Heads To New York...




Well, I for one was very sad to hear about Sarah McCarty’s parting of ways with e-publisher, Elloras Cave.

I love her books like a fat kid loves cake.

Did I buy the amicable split line? Hell no, all things being equal, if there hadn’t been problems and issues, the split wouldn’t have happened.

Shall we examine the evidence?

Well, apparently a couple of books that Sarah was contracted for wont ever be published now. She basically said so, on her group list. An amicable split, would surely mean that she was free to take her books elsewhere, at some point, wouldn’t it?

Also, apparently, her N.Y Promises Books will continue with The Reverend’s story, which was never the original plan, at least not with EC. I should know, I’ve been panting after more of her books from EC, for ages.

I can’t believe that they would be foolish enough to let one of their best-selling authors go. Apparently, “a compromise couldn’t be reached”, read: It’s The Elloras Cave Way, Or The Highway. Can we say, Nora Roberts and Harlequin?

Foolish, foolish, foolish. Now I’m just waiting for Lora Leigh to announce that she too will be leaving. Don’t look at me like that, you know it’s bound to happen at some point, and let’s face it, when was the last time she released a new book at EC?

Yeeess, I think there’s something definitely rotten in Denmark.

Oh well, I guess I can look forward to more of those kind of books in the future. Big effing sigh.

On the bright side, I’m really looking forward to visiting Sarah’s new books, at her new publishing home. So you see, it aint all bad.

Labels: