Sunday, May 20, 2007

You Need To Read This...


The hypocrisy of organised religion never fails to amaze me...

I got this via Rosie, and it was written by Joss Whedon.

It’s one of the most amazingly passionate essays I’ve come across in a long time. Every word he wrote was totally righteous.

I gotta go, cuz I’ve got a letter to write, and I urge all of you out there to do the same. Rosie says inch by inch, I say one person at a time…


Amended To Add

Bam just sent me this. It’s long, but you should read it.

Watch the film, it's gruesome, but it's a reality that women in the Middle East, and right here in my own country, have to endure.

I had a Muslim friend who ran away from home 16 years ago. She'd fallen in love with a boy from a different caste, and she was afraid that her father would kill her if he ever found out. I haven't seen her since. I hope she's still alive.

I hope every single one of those men burn in hell for what they did to that girl, especially those who took gratuitous pleasure in filming such an evil, and vile act.

Labels: ,