Monday, July 23, 2007

Monday’s Child Is Fair Of Face…




"My fellow bloggers, do you not have enough people treating you like hammered shit in your daily life off line? Do you really need to hang out on faux snark blogs dedicated to shit stirring topics, random abuse of people and subjects, about which, they know nothing? Under thier skirts they are unmoderated flame fests designed to ramp up comment counts.

You're feeding your sanity to monster egos when you should be zen'ing out in your own space. You should be getting a better job or promoted at your current job, enjoying a day off or just eating your lunch without hurling. There are blogs that cover the subjects near and dear to your heart that are hosted by men and women who know how to keep the discussion civil and flowing.

I realized a few weeks back that I was completely wasting my time talking to anonymous ghosts on abusive blogs. This seemingly pointless activity used to entertain me. I'm not certain what the tipping point was, but somewhere in there I dropped off the edge, whapped the hell out of my head and realized I was wasting valuable time. I realized that:
My own blog needed serious revamping.

My job is fabulous and even though I put in over 50 hours a week of honest work, I knew it could be more focused work.

I have half a novel written in long hand that needs typing and editing.
I have a Himalayan cat and a Persian cat, both of whom now have knots in their fur. I need to don Kevlar gloves and a shark suit to deal with that because they know what the scissors mean. Blood will be shed on both sides.

The todo list of my life is long and it is all stuff that is a hell of a lot more fun than hanging out on abuse blogs getting my ass handed to me by complete strangers.

I made a decision and I am posting that decision here on the new and improved FerfeLaBat.com. From here on out I am sticking with sites that make me think without requiring me to stand in a pile of shit while I'm doing it."

FerfeLabat.com March 17th 2007

Labels: