Sunday, August 26, 2007

Is Another E-Publisher About To Bite The Dust?



Apologies for the lack of posts, but TTG and I decided to go away for the weekend.

Anyway, I was just over at the Dear Author site, where Jane’s got a link to Camille Anthony, an e-published author, who’s gone public regarding her lack of royalty payments from Silk’s Vault, an e-publisher, with whom she was contracted with.

Camille writes:




So basically, they haven’t paid her all year, and when the bleeders did pay her, they didn’t include royalties from her sales at Fictionwise. Good going.

Camille continues:




Jeepers creepers. I’m assuming Sarah Tiller is the CEO of Silk’s. I guess she didn’t read Dale Carnegie’s book huh?

Anyway, Jane’s done her bit, and tried to contact the publisher directly to get the other side of the story, but so far she aint biting. I’m guessing that Sarah whoever-she-is, is probably stuck with her head buried in the sand somewhere hoping that all her troubles will go away, as if by magic.

If I was an author at Silk’s Vault, I’d seriously start thinking about taking my books and running like crazy. I don't know about anybody else, but I've never enjoyed being shafted from behind.

Getting published might be a writer’s dream come true, but if you guys aren’t careful about who you hand over your precious babies to, that dream might turn into a nightmare, and you might just end up getting royally screwed, without the benefit of an orgasm.

Triskelion and Venus Press anybody?

Just sayin’.

By the way, if you’re an aspiring author hoping to get e-pubbed, you might want to check out Piers Anthony’s website. Some E-publishers, and authors seem to hate him, because of the gossipy nature of his info, but some of the information that he’s posted about e-pubs, have been right on the money.

No smoke without fire, I say.

If anybody has any further info on Silk’s Vault, you can e-mail me on hairylemony @ gmail. com. All identities kept strictly confidential of course.

Right, now that that’s done, I’m off to get ready for a crazy night out with the girls!

Labels: , , ,