Monday, October 22, 2007

Oh For God's Sake Number 1099...



I have a friend who's currently going through the adoption process.

Her and her hubby have been trying to adopt a little girl for the last 18 months, and it seems to me that the social workers are constantly coming up with ways to prolong things.

Last week, she was told by the social workers that she couldn't have the little girl, unless she gave up smoking for at least six months.

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

She's been trying to get this girl for 18 months, and they tell her this now?

In this country, there are thousands of children looking for adoptive parents, and the fostering and adoption agency are forever bitching and moaning about the lack of people coming forward, willing to take on somebody else's child.

No fucking wonder, with all the roadblocks they put up.

What gets me mad, is cases like this, and this, where the social workers could have prevented the murder of both of the little girls, had they been doing their jobs properly.

I can't help but think that being a good person doesn't get you anywhere. It just allows you to be screwed over more easily by the authorities.

It makes me so damn mad I could spit. Fucking yogurt-knitting-tree-hugging-vegetarian-do-gooders.

I bet they're the kind of social workers who believe that murderers deserve love too. Yech.

Labels: