Tuesday, November 27, 2007

You'll Never Persuade Me That Incest Is Romantic...



Just in case I haven't been clear enough on my stance on incestuous relationships within romance books...

Brothers fucking brothers/fathers shagging sons/daughters shagging brothers/ fathers shagging daughters/mothers fucking their sons, and other familial combinations is just plain wrong in my opinion. These storylines may be popular, but they aren't romance. They are fetish. Of the worst kind at that, as far as I'm concerned.

And another thing; a guy who has little girl fantasies doesn't belong on the pages of a romance book. He belongs in jail. Pure and simple. In real life, a guy who has such fantasies will inevitably find a child (or many children) to sexually abuse. I can't ever see beyond that fact, let alone view it as romantic.

The day that these kind of storylines go mainstream under the banner of romance, will be the day that I start reading inspirationals.

Labels: