Monday, April 18, 2005

Foreplay: How Important Is It In A Romance?

I didn’t realise how necessary foreplay was in a story, until I read a couple of books, which didn’t have any during the sex scenes. Don’t get me wrong, these weren’t crap stories or anything, the build up to the act was always good, and always promised so much, but like a bad lover, one thrust and it was all over.Yech! It would seem that the problem of premature ejaculation does not only affect men!

I was trying to figure out why some authors are extremely good at creating fantastic sex scenes that can have you wriggling in your chair, whilst some promise a lot, but in the end leave you feeling as dry as a nun’s c*nt.


There was one romantica book that I read where each sex scene barely lasted a full page, what’s that about? Unless you’re extremely blessed (either that or you’re a nympho) that barely leaves you enough time to get wet! I can honestly say that it takes me longer than a minute to reach the orgasmic state, and if there’s no foreplay, well hell, you may as well bring along some magazines, cuz this could take a while, and you know I aint leaving till I get mine!

Having said that, I have read some books where the foreplay lasted so long, that if that was real life, I probably would have slapped the man upside the head for taking so damned long, and maybe finished the job myself!

So that begs the question, do you feel cheated when an author writes a sex scene that’s all thrust and no foreplay, or do you not mind as long as the story is a good one?