Tuesday, April 26, 2005

My Fave Read This Week

I did a little better with regards to my reading this week. The favourite book this week was a romantic suspense by Beverley Havlir called Bodyguard, the story went a little something like this:

Girl Genius Doctor witnesses a murder on her way home from work one night
Girl Genius’s overprotective and very influential father hires Boy Detective to protect his precious baby Girl Genius.


Girl Genius is resentful of Boy Detective cuz she’s afraid he’s gonna cramp her style, especially now that she’s decided to get laid after years of concentrating on being a genius.


Boy Detective is resentful cuz he thinks she’s a spoilt brat, and he has far more important things to do, than to babysit her.


Girl Genius and Boy Detective clash continuously until of course they wind up swapping saliva and doing the horizontal foxtrot.


Meanwhile Mean Murderer is still on the loose, and is closing in on Girl Genius.

As you can probably tell, I hate writing long review-like sentences, so I kept the synopsis to a bare minimum. I’m not gonna get all flowery with my description of the book and why I liked it, cuz you might just hate it, so all that’s left to say is that I liked it, if you wanna buy it, it’s available at EC, if you don’t well, hell, who cares?


Just as long as you don’t waste your hard earned money on Fletchina Archer’s ‘Menage A Spies’, like I did, you’ll be just fine. (And no, I wont go into exactly what I disliked about this book, cuz I can’t be arsed, and let’s face it, there’s no such thing as bad PR… right Fletch?)