Thursday, August 04, 2005

I’ll Never Drink Again….. But On The Other Hand Look What Happened At The RITA’s…


"You want me to do what? Are you out of your f*cking mind?" Posted by Picasa


Well I’m feeling too hung over this morning to blog constructively, so I’ll lead you over to a couple of catfights and recounts of the scandalous goings-ons at the RITA’s (RWA’s prestigious awards ceremony) on Saturday.

Firstly though,
HelenKay defends her right to review books by fellow writers, after an author (who I think is really cool, and no matter what the review said Ann, I still loved your book) took exception to the candid remarks made by Paperback Reader . I talk too often about the subjectiveness of reviews on this blog, to bother commenting any further.

By now, most of you will have heard about Tara Taylor Quinn’ s (yep, the buck stops with you sweetie-pie, you are the president after all) major fuck-up at the RITA’s on Saturday, but in case you haven’t, here’s a few links to get you up to speed.

Selah March , a lady I admire very much, first broke the news about the train wreck that was the RITA’s awards ceremony (Selah, I wish more writers were as gloriously upfront as you are), This was promptly followed up by Smart Bitch Candy asking people who actually attended the event, to veryify the story.

Laurie Gold of AAR fame asks what the hell has TTQ’s right-wing pro-Bush views got to do with the RWA celebrating twenty five years of romance.

Here’s a copy of the actual
letter that Nora Roberts will be submitting in the next Romance Writers Report (what’s the betting they don’t publish it?) as a letter to the editor.

Alison Kent has snippets of a letter that Jenny Crusie sent to RWA, asking them what the hell they were smoking when they decided to rehash twenty five years of tragedy in the name of romance. (I heard, that they were going to show the blowing up of the twin towers until Nora threw a hissy fit)

Phew, well that lot should keep you busy for a while. My thoughts on these shenanigans? I haven’t laughed so hard in ages. I admit it, I took an almost sadistic pleasure in hearing about the events at the awards ceremony.

Damn I wish I’ been there, I can’t believed I missed TTQ’s beauty pageant-stylie entrance at the beginning of the show. The way some people tell it, a white limo drove her onto the stage, and she emerged wearing a Persil-white suit, and possibly resembled something akin to the second coming. You crazy Americans, always got to be bigger and better than anyone else, (I hear she even upstaged Linda Howard... what a diva) *g*

I’ve decided that in light of the stance that Nora Roberts took by refusing to host the ceremony, I will start reading her books again. You’ve got to admire somebody with that much integrity. I’m still not going back to Diana Palmer though. (Unless she does the same as Nora when the board of directors at RWA fuck up next year.)

Anyway, I’ve got lots to do, so I’m getting back to work that pays, and by the way Ro, the Tall Guy and I did it on Tuesday and Wednesday, which I think you’ll agree are both non-weekend nights, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it. If I carry on with this trend, I’ll be almost as much of a nympho as you are! (g
)