Thursday, September 08, 2005

God Bless Hollywood...


Sean Penn Is My F*cking Hero

You know what, no matter that some of the cynics amongst us will question the motives of Hollywood celebrities trying to help the victims of Katrina, I think it’s bloody marvelous that Sean Penn, Oprah Winfrey, Julia Roberts, Harry Connick Junior, John Travolta and a few others, took the time out to visit the people of New Orleans, in order to offer their help and support.

I just about cried when I saw Sean Penn carrying one of Katrina’s victims onto the boat that he’d brought with him.

I loved the fact that John Travolta was helping to carry much needed food parcels, to those people who hadn’t eaten for days.

I got a huge lump in my throat when I saw Julia Roberts hugging as many people as she could in the superdome, and listening to their horrific personal stories.

Harry Connick Junior impressed me no end, by wading in the shit-ridden cesspool, that New Orleans has become, in an effort to find trapped victims.

As per usual, Oprah Winfrey uses her fame and celebrity for good. I wanna be Oprah when I grow up.

These celebs made it to New Orleans, so it begs the question, why couldn’t Bush?

But never mind that, the purpose of this post, is to pay tribute to those in Hollywood who have left the comforts of their luxurious multi-million dollar homes, to go to the aid of people in dire need.

For these wonderful acts of kindness, I totally salute them.