Monday, December 12, 2005

Winter-time, And The Blogging Is Hard, Turkey, and other Random Meaningless Thoughts...

I was going to apologise for the lack of posts, but I thought better of it. Instead I will share the news that I'm to become an auntie for the first time! Woo hoo!!

My blogging will be erratic at best, seeing as Christmas is nearly upon us. Christmas is at our house again this year, I will be cooking for eight of us, and as per our annual tradition, there will be no hint of turkey in my kitchen. Turkey is just so bloody drab, dry, and boring. It'll be chicken all the way again.

I just need to decide what I'll be making for starters and dessert. Any suggested recipes will be more than welcome.

In a totally unrelated stream of consciousness, I'd be gutted if we had to swap the word Christmas for something as inane as 'the holidays' (no offense to you Americans)! Thank God the bleeding heart liberals haven't got to us yet, mind you, one of England's local councils, tried renaming Christmas, by calling it Winter Festival. What a load of bollocks.

I think the people of Birmingham boycotted the council, and the name was changed back. I should think so. Winter Festival indeed. Close, but no cigar.

Being a borderline atheist (sp?) my feelings have less to do with God, and more to do with the way myself and my family have always celebrated Christmas. Christmas is Christmas and that's that. You celebrate it how you want, and I'll celebrate it how I want.

Anyway, I gotta go, cuz I've got a million Xmas cards to write!!