Thursday, July 20, 2006

Tagged...

I’ve been tagged by Keishon, so here are my answers.

When did you start blogging and why?

I started blogging in April 2005. I’d mainly been on Yahoo groups, but I had too many controversial opinions to go posting them on author loops. The Stepford way of posting, that some groups encouraged was just not me. I wanted to slice and dice at will, and unfortunately, a lot of the authors were into that whole, ‘if you can’t say anything nice’ shit.

What don’t you talk about?

Ultra-personal things that may be happening in my life, everything else is pretty fair game.

Are you and your blogging persona the same person?

Pretty much, the main differences being that when I’m being irreverent or sarcastic, people in my real world get it, whereas, in the blogosphere, some people like to think that my sole purpose in life is to make their lives a misery. Seriously, that shit takes far too much energy.

How do you use blogging to build friendships?

Not really sure, I used to comment a lot more on various blogs, but these days I’m reluctant to put my thoughts on other people’s blog, unless I’m familiar with them, and like them.

On my own blog, I like reading other people’s opinions, so I post on a variety of subjects, and I refuse to pigeonhole myself in a way that means that my blog subjects are limited.


How would you describe your writing style?

Brilliant, at best, lazy, at worst. *g*

Seriously, it depends on my mood, sometimes erratic, other times introspective, sometimes controversial. but mostly tongue-in-cheek.

Also, I can’t be arsed remembering grammatical rules, and I have a habit of mixing up my metaphors. Mrs Mackay, my English teacher in high school would be so proud.


Tagging:

Bam
Anne
Shelly
Rosie
KatO+
Indida