Thursday, December 07, 2006

And So It Starts....

So, we, or should I say I, finally began the first phase of our Christmas shopping today.

Each Christmas, TTG and I try to avoid shopping together, so he buys for his family and friends, and I buy for my family and friends. Works out pretty well most of the time.

I went into Manchester today, and bought a few things. After 3 hours and 20 minutes spent shopping, this is what I got:










The really sad thing is, this is only the beginning.

I bought:

2 x Sean John smellies
1 Estee Lauder Sheer Beautiful
2 X red Christmas slippers
1 x purse
1 x cute stripey Next top
1 x Davidoff The Game perfume set
1 x G-Shock watch
1 x glow in the dark kiddies pyjamas
1 x Trinny and Susannah's What Not To Wear
1 x Next Perfume (cheap shit)
1 x Sarah McCarty book (received from Amazon yesterday)
1 x Nalini Singh book (received from Amazon yesterday)
1 x Gillette Fusion blades

I also purchased two tickets to see Beyonce Knowles in concert next June, two tickets for the Lionel Richie concert (for my mum), two tickets to the Justin Timberlake concert, and I already had two tickets to the Kylie Minogue concerts in January. I love being an MEN arena corporate member.

Unbelievably, I managed to spend £280 ($532) (excluding the cost of the concert tickets) and didn't even put a dent in my Christmas list. Big Fucking Sigh.

The books are for some heathen friends of mine who don't read. I'm off to Borders tomorrow to get some more books. I think I'll get another copy of my two fave Kleypas books. I know exactly who to buy them for.

Also on the agenda tomorrow, is another visit to the Jeweller's for a DKNY watch for my sis, a highchair for my oldest brother and SIL, some power tools for TTG, and lots of cute baby clothes for my wonderful nephew, and the Corinne Bailey Rae album, for a friend's daughter.

After that, we'll make our annual visit to Toys R Us. Oh joy.

Dontcha just hate Christmas? It's so effing commercial these days. (g)