Saturday, January 20, 2007

Down With Romance...




It's official.

I'm in a reading slump. A romance reading slump.

I picked up five romance titles today, and promptly put them all down, after reading a few pages. One of the books was called Immortal Bad Boys, a Brava anthology.

The first tale was by Rebecca York, whose stories I usually like, but like I said, I got to about ten pages in, and just lost interest.

The same thing happened with the other two stories. I might just take the bloody book back because it cost £9.99 ($18.00), and I do so hate wasting money on crap.

The second book I picked up was Evelyn Vaughn's A.K.A Goddess, which has been languising in my TBR forever. Same thing happened.

I then tried a Natasha Rostova book, and it bored me stupid within the first three pages.

As with Liz Carlyle's, Beauty Like The Night. That book has been in my TBR for longer than I can remember, but I've always been resistant to reading it. No change there then.

The last book I attempted to read was Tara Janzen's Crazy Love. I bought this when it first came out, but I decided to leave it on my TBR for a rainy day. I obviously wasn't in the right frame of mind to appreciate it today, so back to the shelf it went.

I don't know what's the matter with me, I'm just not feeling the romance at the moment, I could do with a book that's so unbelievably fantastic, that it starts me reading again.

I think that perhaps I'll start reading the Clive Cussler books that I bought last year. Actually, no I wont, I'm not in the mood for him either.

Tami Hoag is usually a comfort read, so I think I'll revisit some of her books. I'm going to stay away from romance for a while, unless somebody can recommend a stupendously fabulous book.

Big effing sigh.