Sunday, May 27, 2007

When Four Worlds Collide...




I spent most of yesterday with Eve Vaughn, Shara Cooper, and Lynne Connolly. Oh what fun we had.

Saturdays are usually busy days for me, but I foolishly agreed to meet them at 12pm, so that I could have lunch with them. Like that was ever gonna happen.

Anyway, I eventually got to the quaint pub where we were meeting round about 1530hrs.

I entered the pub, and there they all were, sitting and chatting. Totally weird.

I immediately hugged Eve, my long time cyber pal. I was so chuffed that she'd come over from Philadelphia.

Five minutes after our initial 'Oh my God, I can't believe you're really here!', greetings, we of course start talking about online stuff, and publishing in general. It was fun.

Although, I must confess, I did have a surreal moment when I sat back, and realised that we were loudly, and frankly discussing sex toys, and different erotic romance sub-genres. I looked around the pub, and noticed that people were actually listening to us discuss the vagaries of BDSM books. Heheh.

Anyway, we talked about lots of things, including online people we liked and actively disliked. I think I had a pretty short list, although there is really only one person in Blogland I would happily send to Iraq for a holiday. During an air strike.

Lynne Connolly was fun, although I have to say, I’ve always liked her online persona, so I wasn’t in the least surprised that I liked her in the flesh as well. We Brits are quite cool anyway methinks, but then again, I am biased.

Shara Cooper was all sorts of crazy, but she had me laughing out loud on several occasions, and this was without the benefit of alcohol. I also loved her crazy collection of romance books. I'm still in awe over the 600 Mills and Boon books gracing her shelves.

I’ve known Eve Vaughn since before she became an author so I knew she’d be a blast.

When we got back to Shara’s house, (minus Lynne Connolly) Eve was a total doll about us telling her that she had some of the cheesiest character names evah. She of course denied it, so we looked up all her books, and pointed out some of the craptacular names in them. Charlie Brown, notwithstanding. Her defense was that she loved all things cheesy. Eve, ya don’t say? *g*

The conversations turned to really bad book covers, and we had a hysterical time discussing these.

I finally left at 10pm, and I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed my first meeting with Eve, Lynne, and Shara.

Now, I just need to make 2008, the year that I meet Sybil, Jane, and Bam. Can you imagine the carnage? Heheh…

Labels: