Monday, September 17, 2007

R.I.P Colin McRae Et Al...



The former World Rally champion and his five year old son, were amongst four people who died when his helicopter crashed near his home in Lanarkshire, on Sunday.

I'm still in shock. TTG and I used to go and watch the GB car rallies, before the new rules turned it into a joke. I remember one winter, years ago, we went to Clumber Park near Nottingham to watch the rally. It was cold as a witch's tit, but we stood there for about two hours and watched the cars splash mud all over the place. At about 4pm, it started snowing, and didn't let up. Luckily TTG had snow chains with him (he was a boy scout), so we were able to drive home safely, although the journey was extremely slow.

I can't quite believe he's gone. Richard Burns died two years ago, now Colin.

Life really is short isn't it?

Labels: ,