Friday, October 05, 2007

Anne Of Green Gables Rocks Like A Threesome With David Beckham And Will Smith...



I know I've mentioned this before, but I can't tell you enough how much I love the Anne of Green Gables stories. They were such a huge part of my childhood.

I wish L.M Montgomery was still alive so that I could write to her, and tell her that her 'Anne' books really impacted me on a spiritual level whilst growing up. It probably sounds sappy, and normally I try to stay away from anything that's likely to induce vomiting, but on this I'll definitely make an exception.

You know, I actually think that my love of romance books probably came from reading about the exploits of Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe. Oh how I rejoiced when they finally became friends and Anne finally admitted to herself that she loved him. My little pre-teen heart fairly burst with the joy when they kissed for the first time.

Anyway, I bought the complete DVD set the other day, and watched them during my train journey to Scotland on Wednesday. I truly heart Megan Follows for 'being' Anne, and not butchering the story for me.

God bless you, Anne Shirley, and I'm so glad I met you during my pre-teen years. *Happy Sigh*

Labels: , , , , , , ,