Monday, October 08, 2007

Would You Date Outside Your Race?




Charlie Horse has an interesting post up on his blog.

He's talking about inter-racial dating, and why it's more common for a black man to date a white woman, and not so much the other way round.

He writes:

"So why the disconnect? I asked a black colleague at work and she said it was more "cultural" than racial. It could be that. I can also see why that wouldn't inhibit a black guy from dating a white woman since men generally aren't that concerned about cultural differences and are "just happy to get some."

I wonder how true it is that men generally don't worry as much about cultural differences as women?



I dated a white guy once. That didn't work out so well. The crazy bastard stalked me for months, and poured battery acid over my beloved car when I dumped him. He didn't understand that ringing me and my friends 100 times a day to find out where I was, and having his friends spy on me wasn't the best way to conduct a relationship. This is why I have an acute aversion to crazy people.

Anyway, I haven't got time to analyse Charlie's post further, so I suggest you bob over and read what he has to say on the matter.

I will say one thing though, if I was that way inclined, I would totally do Gabrielle Union too. *g*

Labels: