Sunday, December 16, 2007

No Should Mean No, But What If It Was Actually A Yes?



This weekend, TTG and I attended a party, where an allegation of rape was made by one of the women at the party.

Now TTG and I were familiar with the woman, and I have to say, I've never thought much of her, (mostly because she had a habit of sleeping with anything that moved) but when I heard that she'd been raped (allegedly) by one of her colleagues, I immediately felt devastated for her, and wanted to know who the rat bastard was.

For some reason, it hadn't occurred to me that she could be lying.

Anyway, the colleague in question was arrested in the early hours of this morning, and taken away in a police van.

The woman has since dropped the charges, claiming that the sex had actually been consensual, and that he'd just been a little rough with her in bed, and that she was too drunk to know what she was doing.

We've since found out who the alleged rapist was, and it was the same guy that she'd been following around all evening. He'd come up to myself and TTG earlier to tell us he was going home early, but the woman had waylaid him, and invited him up to her room, so being a man, he of course took her up on her offer.

He was still asleep in her room, when the police came to drag him away.

I have no idea what went on in that room. I have no idea whether or not he actually raped her, but if he didn't, as she later claimed, then I'm pretty disgusted at her for accusing him in the first place, because no matter what, the taint of being accused of rape will stay with him, and remain on police record, for the rest of his life. And she would have done that to him.

What makes me crazier, is the thought that the next time there is a genuine rape case, that the victim might not be believed because of stupid bitches like this woman, who cried wolf.

Labels: