Sunday, May 27, 2007

Another One Bites The Dust...



So Venus Press is defunct and not so much as an eyebrow raised within the e-book community?

I got this from Piers Anthony's site:

"April 2007 update: the bad news just keeps coming, questioning the motives of the proprietor, whose own books may have received better treatment than those of other authors. Meltdown.

I say this with regret, as I was generally satisfied with the treatment of my own book: this answers the description of what in erstwhile science fiction fandom was called GAFIA, pronounced GAH-fee-a. That is, Getting Away From It All. When a fan got overwhelmed, he/she might simply abdicate, disappearing from the scene, letting obligations fall where they might. The proprietor seems to have gafiated. And finally, as March ended, the site went off the Internet. This looks like death."


Apparently the owner just decided she'd had enough? Wow...

Not that I'm surprised, it was only a matter of time.

I have to say, it's a shame for the authors who stayed with them out of misguided loyalty. Talk about being royally shafted.

Labels: