Wednesday, April 27, 2005

A Not-So-Short Blog on Boring People On Lists

I’m a member of several group lists, and do you know what I’ve discovered? There are a lot of boring people out there. Shocker huh? Being the intelligent, discerning person that you are, you probably discovered this already.

Now if you happen to be on a list that I actually deign to post on, the likelihood is that, it’s probably not you… actually wait, hmmm… yep, sorry, no, it may be you, but don’t be offended, you probably think I’m a little boring too, and that's ok..

For the purpose of this blog, we will dub these boring people, Mr /Mrs Snoozefest.

I find myself deleting posts from Mr and Mrs Snoozefest before I even read them, do ya know why? Well, it’s because once upon a time, I was foolish enough to actually make the effort to read Mr and Mrs Snoozefest’s posts, and no matter what the subject matter, their posts were inane, predictable, and boring (hey, stop squirming, the chances are that if you’re on my blog, you are a person of unparallelled taste and style, so this is probably not you), so I learned my lesson the hard way.

The problem I sometimes have (due to the social disease of good manners) is that every now and then, I will actually read, Mr and Mrs Snoozefest’s posts, and do you know what happens? Yep, you guessed it, I respond in the same inane, boring and predictable way. I tell ya it’s contagious.

There are certain lists, where you can go for months and not see an interesting post, how on earth does that happen? Maybe boring people gravitate towards each other, thus polluting and completely taking over certain lists, and preventing interesting people from actually joining in. Maybe moderators should have a maximum quota on how many Mr and Mrs Snoozefests they let in huh?

On the other hand, there are certain people on the list who you always want to read what they have to say, even if it’s only one of those irritating smiley’s that sometimes get on my tits. Why is that? Well I personally think that interesting people will always be interesting, no matter what medium you use to communicate with them. Boring people will simply always have the ability to make you want to lose the will to live, no matter how and where you meet them. Isn’t that a sad fact of life?