Sunday, May 08, 2005

My Weekend Shenanigans!

Afternoon folks! I’m feeling especially lazy today. It’s a sunny day here in the North of England, and I’ve had a pleasant weekend thus far.
On Friday, hubby and I went to watch Beauty Shop, with Queen Latifah and Alicia Silverstone, which was hilarious!

Last night, he and I attended a 30th birthday party which was fabulous. We stayed at the hotel where the party was being hosted, and was lucky enough to get a four-poster bed in our room, it was pure luxury.

Hubby got quite drunk, and turned into his version of Romeo, when we went to bed. Sex and alcohol don’t mix well with me, so he had zero chance of getting any action last night!!

During the party, we were sat with three other couples, two of whom hubby and I knew really well. I also kinda knew the other couple, but I hadn’t seen them in 13 years since I attended their wedding! It didn’t even click that I knew them until she started reminiscing about our local majorettes team (baton twirling folks!) of which she used to help out with.

Well how time changes some people. The last time I saw Nancy (her name) she was an ecstatic and joyous bride. I always remember thinking how lavish her wedding was thirteen years ago, and how happy she was to be marrying her husband. Things have certainly changed.

Nancy and her husband were terrible together, every time she looked at him, she shot him daggers, and he just laugh it off. At one point, she even said out loud that she wished she was single, which obviously created quite an uncomfortable silence, and Paul being Paul just had to pipe up, and say “Well, that was a conversation stopper wasn’t it!” I groaned inwardly at his lack of tact (I know, I know, Pot calling Kettle) but funnily enough it broke the tension a little bit, to my relief.

As the evening wore on, the situation between Nancy and her hubby (I forget his name), didn’t improve. They barely said more than two words to each other all night, it was almost like she hated him, God knows what he had done, I mean he seemed ok to us, but obviously he must have pissed her off big time! I wonder if he’d been caught shagging somebody else, that’s the only explanation I could come up with, for the venomous looks she was sending his way at every given opportunity. I tell ya, if looks could kill, he’d have been lying on the floor, screaming for mercy!!

I do think though that if I had been in Nancy’s situation, I would have either attended the party with somebody else, or pretended that everything was ok, instead of washing my laundry in public. It was just too uncomfortable for the rest of us! Paul however thought it was hilarious, the cad!!

This morning we had breakfast in the hotel with the two couples who we knew, which was very nice!
We then drove home at a leisurely rate (In fact the hotel was only ten minutes away by car, lol!)
When we got home, we went to our local healthclub, where we swam, well actually I swam, and Paul just laid in the hydrotherapy pool, nursing a hangover. We spent two hours there, and then came back home. Paul went off to his parents house after that!

All in all, it was a pretty good weekend, but I feel quite exhausted now!!

I hope you all had a good weekend, please feel free to share any stories of your escapades!