Friday, September 09, 2005

Friday Ramblings And Tackling The TBR List...

Well my TBR pile is getting out of hand, and I keep thinking I really must do something about it, but all I seem to do is buy more bloody books GODAMMIT! Oh well.

I finally gave in and bought Joey Hill’s Natural Law yesterday. (I’d link but I can’t be arsed.)

I started reading it, and got stuck on page 66. I was reminded why I usually avoid being swayed by hype, and other people’s opinions on books. Sigh. (I’m now dreading starting Jenny Crusie’s Bet Me for this reason. I’m tempted to put off reading it till the new year…)

Anyway, I was determined to keep reading it, so I put my MS Reader automated voice on, and my laptop read to me whilst I searched for my passport, (just in case you didn’t know, me and hubby are flying to Florida in 9 days, for two weeks), tidied out my wardrobe, and changed the bed covers. Somehow, I kept drifting off, and thus missed great big chunks of the book. I eventually turned my talking man off. Sigh.

I think I’m gonna hate BDSM forever now, although the book was well written, gauging from the parts that I read, and the parts that were read to me, I just can’t get into the whole Sub and Dom scene. I thought it would make a difference that the Dom was a woman. But it didn’t.

I blame JW McKenna for making me hate BDSM books. It is so his fault.

I’m not in the mood to do any in-depth reviews, but I will list the books in my TBR pile, that I've read so far.

I Read VLT’s Gone with the Nerd, and I must say, I really enjoyed it. I can’t be arsed telling you what it was about, just know that I liked it. VLT Rocks, and if any of you disagree with me, I’m not interested in hearing about it.

I also read Barbara Delinsky’s ‘Moment to Moment’, because once upon a time, I used to actually rate her books. Jesus Effing Christ. Memory lane isn't always pleasant. I’ll say no more than that.

I read Sidney Sheldon’s Stranger in The Mirror and liked it. He rarely disappoints.

I enjoyed Ann Wesley Hardin’s Coffee, Tea, or Lea?, immensely. I like her books, mainly because I dig her characters, and her heroines don’t make me want to stick a rocket launcher up their arses.

Barbara Sheridan’s Bitter Sweet Surrender? I bloody loved it, and when I first read it, I was going to do a shiny blog on how much I freaking loved it, but Katrina happened, and I didn’t really feel like writing a shiny happy post anymore.

I also read Sarah McCarty’s long-awaited Conception, and of course it didn’t disappoint. Sarah has a freaking fantastic way with words. I actually preferred the heroine to the hero this time, which rarely ever happens with me. *g*

Linda Howard’s To Die For was another bloody marvelous read. The sex was a bit wham-bam-thank-you-mam, but it didn’t matter one bit. I mostly skipped over those bits anyway.

Looking at this list, I’ve just realised that I actually read loads more books than I gave myself credit for. Mind you, I had another delivery from Amazon today, so I probably shouldn’t congratulate myself just yet. Sigh

I wont be posting this weekend because The Tall Guy and I have got a busy couple of days ahead of us. (Hence the rather long-winded post.)

Our activities will include Florida clothes shopping in Manchester, and I’ve got yet another bloody Hen Night (bachelorette party) to attend. Sigh. (I luv you really Denise!)

BTW Scott, I don’t suppose you saw the England International football match against Northern Ireland did you? We were f*cking woeful.

I’m going to bed now, cuz it’s the weekend, which means that there will be more interesting things to do than sleeping tonight *g*

Hugs to you Ro!

Have a nice weekend everybody.

(BTW, don’t think that I didn’t notice that the guy responsible for overseeing rescue efforts in New Orleans has been ‘moved’ to another ‘department’. Poor Michael Brown, one minute the President’s telling you that you’re fantastic, the next thing you know, you’ve lost your job. Oh well. Shit happens.)