Sunday, January 22, 2006

California.... Knows How To Party...

Last week, I met with the producer of a fashion exhibition that’s usually held in Los Angeles.

I met with her, because this year, they are holding the show in Manchester, England.

We got on like a house on fire, and I happened to mention that the Tall Guy and I were contemplating going to California for our hols this year.

She got very excited about this, due to the fact that herself, and her partner live and work in Los Angeles.

This was supposed to be a business meeting, but we totally digressed, and she was so enthusiastic about her home town that by the time we parted company, she’d extracted a promise from me that I’d call her when we were ready to book, so that she could advise me on the best places to stay. Nice woman.


So The Tall Guy and I have decided that Los Angeles will be our main holiday destination this year. We’re just going to pretend that the crime and violence that’s usually associated with this city is nothing but a vicious rumour.