Saturday, January 14, 2006

Tyra Banks Or Naomi Campbell?


Naomi and Tyra

I always knew there was something I didn’t like about Naomi Campbell.

I watched the Tyra Banks show earlier this week, and I felt fully justified in my perfectly reasonable hatred of her (OK hatred may be too strong a word).

Basically, Tyra asked her why she’d been such a bitch to her early on in their career, and somehow, Naomi managed to make it all about her without answering a single question directly.

Naomi doesn’t interview well, mostly because she isn’t intelligent enough to handle face to face criticism (thus lying about taking drugs). Towards the end of the show, when she’d realised how fake she’d come across (plus she’d had about half an hour’s break to rethink her attitude), she launched into this whole speech about how she was sorry if she’d caused Tyra any pain, and how proud of her she was blah blah fucking blah. Tell me nobody bought this rot. Seriously.

Tyra strikes me as being somebody who I could go out and have a laugh with. Naomi strikes me as being somebody who would smile beautifully at you, whilst stabbing you viciously in the back with a machete.

I could be wrong of course, but I bet I’m not.

Tyra was always the classier of the two, and waaaaay prettier, big forehead or not.