Sunday, May 21, 2006

Google, Google, Google, What Did You Do?

I just received a legal notice e-mail regarding Google.

My company, along with millions of others, purchase online advertising with Google, and it seems that its “breached its contracts with advertisers and violated other laws by failing to adequately detect and stop “click fraud” or other invalid or improper clicks on online advertisements”

“Under the settlement, Google will establish a $90 settlement fund”

We thought there was something fishy going on, I wondered why our advertising costs with Google had been steadily going up, with no obvious results.

We’ll be putting a claim in, I’ve been assured that we’ll probably get something back.

$90m huh? You’d think they’d be more careful wouldn’t you?


Oh well, my accountant will be happy at least.