Thursday, May 18, 2006

Possibily The Most Expensive Divorce Ever...



I see that Heather Mills and Paul McCartney are finally getting divorced. I can’t imagine that anybody seriously thought they were gonna make it did they?

It’s sad actually, and to be honest, I do feel a little sorry for Heather, because apparently it was Paul who initiated the divorce proceedings, mind you, I’m sure that the £200m settlement figure that’s being bandied about will help with the pain.


I hear that he didn’t have a pre-nup. I applaud him for that because he obviously thought it was going to last forever, but come on, the guy is worth trillions of pounds, and he didn’t think that his money was at least part of the attraction? I guess not. You know what they say, no fool like an old fool.

I liked Heather because she wasn’t the normal bint who aging rock stars, like McCartney, usually marry, plus she was missing a leg, which helped elicit sympathy for her.

I think media pressure, and familial fall-outs probably helped end this relationship, and it didn’t help that she was slagging off high profile people for wearing animal fur.

When they first got married, I recall asking The Tall Guy how long he thought they’d last. I gave ‘em two years, he gave them five. He wins.

I can hear the Champagne popping over at Stella McCartney’s house as I write this. I bet she did a victory dance when she heard that the wicked step-mother was getting the boot.

Which couple will be next do you think? Brad and Angelina? Michael Douglas and CZJ? Ben Affleck and Jen Garner? Britney and Kevin whatshisface? Ahhhh… the possibilities are endless…