Friday, June 16, 2006

Napoleon In Romance Books Is Just Not My Thing...

I've actually managed to read a few books in between my crazy-arsed schedule. Here are some of the more noteworthy ones:









I decided to try a couple of Virginia Henley books to see what I was missing. What a total mind-fuck that experiment was.

I'll not be reading any more of her books, mainly because I hate historicals that have heroes and heroines who are related to previous English monarchs. I hated, hated, HATED the fact that in The Raven and The Rose, the heroine was the love-child of King Edward IV. I can generally put up with books about 'the ton' and the whole lords and ladies shit, but romance books that actively involve historical figures tend to make me want to stab myself in the eye.

I have just four words for Virginia Henley books: Paint dry, grass grow. Give me Kleypas anyday. Nuff said.

I rather enjoyed Erin McCarthy's Houston, We Have A Problem, but to be fair, I had just finished reading both Virginia Henley books, and I desperately needed to purge.

VLT's The Nerd Who Loved Me was another treat, although, I realised about six pages in, that I'd read it already. She's not everybody's cuppa, but I think she's great!

Anyway, gotta go, cuz that bitch
Grace is being evicted out of the Big Brother house any minute now. Oh what an exciting life I lead! *g*