I Love Me, Who Do You Love?
The Perfect Man, Barbie's Ken...
Well, you gotta love a woman who thinks she’s the best thing since sliced bread. I got this link, courtesy of KateR. Go read about how wonderful this woman is, no false modesty here that’s for sure, heheh.
If you can’t be arsed clicking on the link, here’s some of what she says:
Over the past month (since I left Terrence) I’ve received several offers of dates and relationships from various men who read this blog. I’m not looking for a new boyfriend right now but it seems I should clarify what it is I look for in a man when I am, which will hopefully stem the flow of offers from guys who really don’t have it.
I am a very high-quality woman. I know that sounds arrogant, but let’s consider the facts:
I’m slim (whereas 62% of American women age 20 to 74 are overweight)
1. I’m attractive (my new picture has been rated more attractive than 86% of the women on Hot or Not -- and the women who upload their pictures are a self-selected sample that is probably already biased towards being more attractive than the general female population)
2. I’m relatively young (whereas 82% of American adult women are over 30 years old)
3. I’m intelligent (IQ tested at 145 when I was a child, which is 3 standard deviations above the mean -- higher than 99.85% of the population. Even if I’ve gotten dumber as I’ve aged I’m probably still at least a 130, which is higher than 97.5% of the population.)
4. I’m educated (whereas 77% of American women do not have bachelor’s degrees)
5. I have my financial shit together (no debt, perfect credit history, 6+ months living expenses saved, adequate insurance, self employed)
6. I have a strong libido and love having sex (my lover *never* has to beg, unless it’s for me to let him get some sleep!)
7. Most of my interests tend to be more popular with men than women: science fiction, libertarianism, blogging, politics, economics, guns, gambling, etc.
Given that self-improvement is an ongoing project of mine this list will continue to grow (I’m currently working on adding bilingual, very physically fit, well-traveled, higher income, and fantastic cook to the list). So even when “relatively young” (an important criteria for most men) drops off that list, I should have added enough other things that my overall dating market value should remain the same or even improve.
The above list explains why I typically receive 50-100 (sometimes more) responses whenever I post personal ads. This is in addition to getting hit on almost every time I go out alone (and all that those men know about me is that they like the way I look, they don’t even know about all the other qualities I have that make me more appealing than most other women).
So, I have a *lot* of choices of men who want to date me. Given that, of course I choose to date only the highest quality men -- men who are also fit, attractive, intelligent, educated, financially successful, etc.
I’m attracted to men from any race and a wide age range (21 to 50 or so) so the pool of men who meet those requirements is quite large, which allows me to add all sorts of additional restrictions if I want -- must be atheist, must be libertarian, must not want (more) children, must be financially independent or self-employed and available for frequent world travel, etc.
Narcissistic much? It seems to me that she’s looking for a Ken doll, rather than a real man.
There are some great comments by the way, some that had me crying with laughter. There are some wickedly acerbic-tongued people out there. My fave comment was this one made by some anonymous person:
Maybe you're attracting men of "lesser quality" because water tends to find its own level?
This comment takes irony to another level:
Yes! I absolutely agree with everything you posted and I can't imagine what you have to sort through everyday :-). My only complaint is that you posted that pic of the ugly man-chick at top of your page just to make your point - that was a bit uncalled for. Other than that...RIGHT ON!!
Very mean, but deliciously funny.
I love her confidence, I really do, but she must have known that most people would read this, and wonder what she was smoking?
I wonder if she realises that her requirements bring to mind, Barbie's Ken doll? Each to their own, I guess, heheh…
By the way, this may just be me, but I do think the new Ken doll looks kinda scary. He looks like a gay prison convict. He also looks like he’s been botoxed to within an inch of his little plastic life. Hmmm... maybe it’s just me…