Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sex Ed 101 – A Couple Of Reasons To Wear Condoms…

Warning: Photographs of infected male genitalia included in the post below. So open at your own risk.


Genital Warts1


Genital Warts2



Syphillis Feet


I wonder what it is about condoms that drive perfectly reasonable people to take risks with their lives rather, than wear them?

Check out some of these stats:





In my younger days,I can honestly say that I never once had sexual intercourse, without my partner being suited and booted. I had a couple of partners (not at the same time of course) who would have preferred to go skin to skin, but here’s the thing, I liked the fact that bits of my skin were still intact. I wasn’t overly fond of the idea that my genitalia could be covered in warts or spots. I didn’t particularly want to go round scratching my nether regions in public, or checking for funky smells emanating from between my legs.

I certainly didn’t like the thought of lesions marring my otherwise, perfectly cleansed, toned, and moisturised face. The Human Immunodeficiency Virus was certainly something that I could have lived without.

I have to have a Smear test, once every couple of years to check that everything’s ok with my womanly bits, but quite frankly, every time I go, I feel violated.
I loathe these very necessary procedures, so you see, there’s no way I would have risked catching something, because then I would have had to let those bastards prod my privates in an effort to try to figure out which brand of herpes I happened to be afflicted with.

I wonder what kind of sex education our youngsters are getting when their biggest concern is getting pregnant. Unplanned pregnancy can be bad, especially if you’re too young to cope, but I kinda figure that getting the big A is much worse.

If you’re going to indulge in a one night stand, why not take precautions?

For me it’s really simple, as a woman, because men generally let their little heads do the thinking in these scenarios if you respect your body, and yourself, then you’ll make sure that you are well protected. Never assume that this is the man’s responsibility. That’s a sure way of guaranteeing that you catch something undesirable.

By the way, call me naïve, but I didn’t realise that crabs could live in your armpit hair. It’s just as well I get mine waxed off as soon as they even look as if they’re gonna grow. Shudder.