Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Just In Case You Thought There Were No More Good Books Left At Elloras Cave...

Little Known Favourites Meme...

The Rules:

List and describe 3 of your favourite books that other people may not be familiar with, then tag five people to do the same.

I got tagged by Elizabeth.

I usually avoid these things like the plague, but what the hell…

Incidentally, seeing as e-book publishers have been going through a difficult period just lately, I thought I’d highlight some of my fave e-books, that maybe aren’t as well known, as others.




First up, is Kathy Allred’s, The Sweet Gum Tree

People, this book is wonderful, wonderful, and wonderful. Allred is such a talented author, she really is. Anyway, here’s the blurb:



This was one of those books that was very hard for me to put down once I started reading it, so I didn’t. Put it down, I mean.

Fabulous characterisations, fantastic setting, great plot, finely woven story, and flawless prose. I’d recommend this book to anybody. You can find my original gushing review here.



Shiloh Walker’s, Her Best Friend’s Lover

Basically, this is a friends-to-lovers book (my favourite plot device).

Lauren’s been in love with playboy Dale for about ten million years, but he just sees her as a friend… until one night when he gets completely pie-eyed, after learning that the ‘love of his life’ is expecting another baby with her hubby.

Anyway, he gets drunk, seduces Lauren, and totally forgets about the fact that he shagged her, the next day. Don’t worry folks, this is a romance, of course it ends happily ever after.

I liked this book because A, I loved the theme, and B, I loved the characters. I Really liked Lauren, and even Dale wasn’t such an arsehole, ya know? What more could one ask for?




My third book choice would be Ruby Storm’s Twilight Kisses.

This is a time travel erotic romance, by one of my fave EC authors.

I can’t be arsed putting my own spin on it, so here’s the blurb from EC:




I loved this book. I really did. It felt like an epic Gone-With-The-Wind kinda romance, but I didn’t intensely dislike the heroine, and the hero didn’t make me want to barf. I loved the characters, and I thought that the author did a fantastic job, with what could have easily been a total snoozefest. The love story was compelling, and it wasn’t all about spilling enough sex liquids to rival Vesuvius. That’s always a bonus surely?




My fourth choice (yes I know I’m only supposed to choose three) is Ashleigh Raine’s, Lover’s Talisman.

I used to be a Shadow Walkers Groupie, and to this day, I’m still gutted that EC stupidly decided not to let Jen and Lisa finish this series with them. Bastards. Their loss.

Anyway, here’s the blurb, from their website, seeing as I can’t find the books on the EC site anymore.



I’m sure you will have noticed that this is a paranormal, yes? Well years ago, before the paranormal craze went into overdrive, I used to enjoy them, but alas, like everything else in romance, the bandwagon got overfull, and I got bored.

I loved the Talisman Bay series, because the writers, Jen and Lisa, created this wonderful world that drew you in, and they wrote about these wonderful characters who felt like friends. Corny I know, but seriously guys, that’s how I used to feel reading these books. Loved them.

OK, so who shall I tag? Hmmmm… Sod it, everybody who reads this post is tagged.

Ciao for now!

Labels: , ,