Thursday, September 15, 2005

Royal Ramblings: Happy Birthday Prince Harry And Who’s Your Favourite Royal?


Harry and William During The Tsunami Disaster

By Royal, I only mean the tax burdens to this country, and not their European counterparts (Is Prince Albert of Monaco gay or not? Does anybody know the answer to this question?)

My fave Royal along with everybody else used to be the Princess of Wales, but we all know about her tragic her (murder) accident in 1997.

Do you remember where you were, when the news first broke?

I’d been out the night before with some student friends, and The Tall Guy, and I had had an argument because he was being an ass (of course it was totally his fault *g*) and we’d gone to bed angry.

When we switched the TV on the next morning, it was to the chilling news that she’d died. I still remember the sick feeling that came over me that morning. *Shudder*.

I’ve decided that Prince Harry is now my fave royal. Now don’t go screwing up your face, he is not UGLY.

The young prince celebrated his 21st birthday by opening his heart in an interveiw (I feel so old, I still remember when he was born Godammit!) and he was so bloody down-to-earth that one couldn’t help but warm to him.

I can imagine him using the ‘f’ word quite liberally, and I envisage that in his future, he will slip up and use it whilst being interviewed by the BBC Royal correspondent, Jenny Bond. That is a secret dream of mine actually.

I’ve forgiven him for the Nazi uniform faux pas, he so should have known better, but I suspect he had his head up his arse, and pumped up with acid, when he made the decision to go as a Nazi to a fancy dress party. He got publicly lashed anyway, so I think he’s been punished enough. You may disagree.

I used to favour Prince William, but have you seen him lately? He’s going bald, and looking more like his father everyday. *shudder*

My least fave royal is still the Queen. She’s just too stiff-lipped for me. What can I say, I’m not comfortable with people who’s smile don’t reach their eyes.
It could be a generational thing but I don’t think so, after all, I adored the Queen mother to bits, and she was older than Methuselah.

As for Prince Phillip? His gaffes are legendary. I still can’t believe he told a group of British students in China that if they stayed there much longer, they’d all become slitty-eyed. What a guy.

I’d like the Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson, and Prince Andrew to get back together, (I’m such a romantic) but somehow, I don’t think it’s gonna happen. I always thought they made a sweet couple. Come on, what’s a toe-sucking or two between friends huh? She’s one kinky down to earth wench is that one. Which is probably why I like her so much. *g*

I’m not overly fond of Charles and his (tampon) Consort, but I do wish them luck regardless of their rather questionable sense of morality.

So, who’s your favourite current royal (if you have one) now that Diana is gone?


(Trivia - which Royal allegedly told a group of black New York Diners to 'remember the colonies'?)

Clue: The same Royal who referred to bi-racial people as 'half-caste'. Sheesh.

UPDATE:

Congrats to Britney Spears on the arrival of her beautiful new (accessory) baby boy! Erm... you too Kev.