Friday, November 18, 2005

Do You Want To See Shorter Heroes In Romance Books?

Normally I’d post a review seeing as it’s a Friday, but I’m emotionally wrung out. I’ve just read Linda Howard’s Cry No More, and if you look closely enough, you’ll still be able to see the tracks of my tears. (*g*).

I’ll post the review of
Kate’s Somebody To Love, and Somebody Wonderful when I’m feeling more up to it.

So,
Charlie Horse has an interesting entry over at his blog. He wants to know where all the short heroes are at.

Hopefully, they’re locked away in a dungeon somewhere waiting for the next adaptation of Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs.

Seriously, my opinion is that I would much rather not have short heroes in my romance thank you very much. Totally ruins the fantasy element.

There are some genres where you could have a short hero (Children’s books such as Winnie The Pooh maybe) but for Oprah’s sake, don’t inflict a vertically challenged male on me. I don’t think Linda Howard’s
Wolf Mackenzie would have had the same kind of impact if he’d been a short-arse, do you?

So, what do you think? Do you like the idea of having shorter heroes, or like me, are you totally against it. No fence-sitting allowed!