Friday, January 27, 2006

The Lawyer, The Doctor, The Cop, And His Mary Jane...


Check out the size of that effing needle!


I’ve often wondered why people get involved with drugs in the first place. This is obviously very naïve of me, but I’m not talking about your down and outer, who’s chance of avoiding drugs is usually very slim.

I’m not even talking about celebrities and sports stars (
Ben Johnson anyone?) with more money than God, who quite frankly should fucking know better.

No, I’m talking about people who should know better, but somehow don’t.

I’m talking about your average professional. Doctors, lawyers, POLICEMEN!

I was once told that people in the above professions are some of the worst offenders.

How the hell does that compute? (Mind you, I’ve often thought one of the partners in my local GP surgery was on drugs, but that was mostly because he had seriously bad hair.)

Actually, I’ve seen it with my own eyes.

A friend of mine is married to a policeman. I’ve known them for absolutely donkey’s years, and I recall being somewhat shocked when my friend’s husband decided to light up a spliff (weed) whilst I was in their house.

I tried to not have an opinion on this, but I just couldn’t do it. This was a man who’d sworn to uphold the law, and he was making a mockery of those very laws.

I obviously asked him what the fuck he was smoking.

He told me that it was good for stress. WTF?

In a world where drugs has literally taken over, it sickens me to learn that we can’t even trust the law-makers in our land.

I think I must be one of the only people I know who hasn’t ‘experimented’ with any type of banned substances. I was just never interested when I was younger (yes I was called a pussy, but at least my brain cells are more or less intact), and I’m still not.

Quite frankly, I’d rather have a Cornish pastie. Lots of calories, I know, but at least I’m not tempted to fly off a fucking building because I think I’m superman.

Also, what's that whole shooting up thing about? I find it difficult enough to have a tetanus jab. I'm certainly not about to volunteer to have a needle shoved into my arm every day.

Sheesh.